These forums are now archived.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:17 pm 
Hi, I am looking to transfer my vbulletin forum with 5000 members with about 50 online most of the time. All images are linked rather than hosted on our present server and am using about 10 gb monthly. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:21 pm 
NetHosted Staff

Hi Andie,

Can you provide any further details on how many pageviews/month this is generating? Forums can be quite high resource usage but it varies a lot depending on plugins involved, are you looking at dedicated hosting such as a VPS? It may help to know what you are currently using for hosting, or if you can provide the URL I will take a look. You can do this via support ticket if you prefer for privacy.

Regards,

Darryl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:32 pm 
Presently with global gold shared hosting.

domain is http://www.ukmantisforums.co.uk

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:36 pm 
NetHosted Staff

Hi,

Thanks that gives a better understanding of your usage, could you just confirm how much disk space you are using, if you have a separate MySQL usage figure too please let me know.

Regards,

Darryl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:52 pm 
I have just discovered that my present hosting had stopped support even though they were happy enough to take my yearly payment three months ago. I haven't got complete access to the database through phphmyadmin but managed to retrieve my files through "dumper" and was about 254 gb's. I managed to copy everything from the forum website which is 561 mb's.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:07 pm 
NetHosted Staff

Sorry to hear about the problems with your current host, I want to confirm I assume you mean mb not gb for both as 254gb would be absolutely huge...?

It is hard to make a precise recommendation with forums as usage is quite variable, but if you are currently on shared hosting and not having resource usage issues then it would make sense to start there, our Power Plan which you can find here would meet your needs: http://www.nethosted.co.uk/uk-web-hosting.php and costs £9.95+VAT on a monthly basis, getting cheaper if a longer term is committed to. We do offer a 14 day money back guarantee on our web hosting plans so we're happy for you to try it out and if for any reason you're unhappy we'll refund you.

If you did require an upgrade in future then that would be straightforward enough too!

To move the site over you would need a backup of files and databases, it looks as though your current host use Plesk so it would be a manual process to move over to us using cPanel, but we'll be around to assist you with migration should you need it.

If you have any other questions just let us know.

Regards,

Darryl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:26 pm 
Yes sorry both are MB's. To be fair , global gold have been very good and in the 6 yrs ive been with them I haven't had any problems, the forum has always run very well. It wasn't until I was recently hacked and wanted a back up file that I realised I wasn't being supported. The price you are offering is much the same although I need to run this through with my team. I have backed my database up into 4 multi part gzips, would this be ok ? Thanks Darryl for your help.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:31 pm 
NetHosted Staff

Hi,

No problem we will be here if needed, that format should be fine assuming it extracts to a single .sql file in the end which can then be restored from.

Regards,

Darryl

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]