These forums are now archived.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:34 am 
NetHosted Customer

Hi There,

I have recently signed up for a reseller account with NetHosted (after lots of research and many false starts!).

I'm moved my first domain over (hurrah!) and am trying to set up IMAP & webail email accounts. The first email account I've set up works great through CPanel and horde/squirelmail etc. but I'm blowed if I can get it working through email clients.

I've tried Outlook 2010, iPhone and Android Mail as clients and followed both the SSL and 'unsecure' configuration instructions and all fail to connect with some version of 'authentication error'.

Any hints would be most appreciated as I'm really struggling now.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Alan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am 
NetHosted Staff

Hi,

Glad to have you onboard! :)

Just to check is this the guide that you have followed: http://www.nethosted.co.uk/knowledgebas ... hosted.php

The info in there should be accurate, one thing to note is using the servername.solardns.com address for the mail server instead of your domain name as Outlook can be quite picky about accepting certificates, in your case it would be mercury.solardns.com and you can set that for both incoming and outgoing.

If that doesn't help we may need to check your settings in private via a support ticket.

Regards,

Darryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:19 am 
NetHosted Customer

Hi Darryl,

No I hadn't seen that, I was using the 'Mail Client Configuration' instructions in cPanel. But guess what - that link helped immensely :-)

Thanks very much for the prompt response. All good signs that I have made the correct choice in hosting provider.

Take care,
Alan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:20 am 
NetHosted Staff

Alan,

Ah right, yes that one is much more in-depth and should hopefully get you up and running! :)

We have a few useful guides in the knowledgebase so it's worth taking a look there if you are stuck, we try to include common issues such as email client and ftp client setup, but you can always contact us if you can't find the answer there.

Regards,

Darryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 am 
NetHosted Customer

Thanks again Darryl,

I will invest some time exploring the knowledge base before posting if I feel stuck again.

Really can't fault the support I've received so far though - you are encouraging me to be lazy ;-)

Just want to re-emphasise the point that I am new and that I spent a long time researching hosting providers and nearly signed up with more than one but then read something on forums about support and bottled. I chose NetHosted on the basis of positive support comments and am very happy to have that choice validated at the first test.

Happy to be on board :-)

Cheers,
Alan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:40 am 
NetHosted Staff

Alan,

You're welcome, glad the research paid off!

In general we try to make our systems "just work" as much as possible so once you've got the basic setup sorted you shouldn't have any issues.

I'm one for research myself, and with web hosting it's one of those sectors where experiences can vary a lot, we'll do our best to ensure our service continues to meet expectations :)

Regards,

Darryl

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]