These forums are now archived.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:47 pm 
NetHosted Customer

Today was the decommisioning ceremony of Haslar Hospital in Gosport, at which I managed to get a front row seat to film from. Haslar has been the main employer/services hospital in Gosport for 250 or so years and I want to share my 5 mins of quality video (combined service walk past) with as many ex-servicemen as possilble. I'll upload to YouTube, MySpace and Stage6 tomorrow, but I'd like to make the DVD format available for download as well, which should be about 50>100Mb per download. This will kill my data transfer rate in no time (I hope) so if anyone can donate some bandwidth, I'd be most appreciative and will accredit any one who does so.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:54 pm 
NetHosted Staff

In my opinion the best way of doing this be to upload to youtube et al then if people wanted the higher quality clip they could seek it out on your site. Not everyone is technically aware so might give up on a 100MB download and never see the ceremony at all if you release on your site first. This way round would also save CPU/bandwidth usage as only the people who actually want the higher quality clip will download it instead of everyone that wants to see the ceremony.

Andrew

| Follow us on Twitter:
| Members, tell us what of NetHosted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:26 pm 
NetHosted Customer

That's what I'm hoping for, the Submariners from Fasslane have agreed to one download and then burn copies off for each other, so that's about 20 or so downloads saved. The Falkland Vets Assoc have asked for a copy on disk, so that's another 20 saved.

If I can direct people to the Stage6 version (Divx) download, then I can minimise the load. I'll just eed to post instructions on how to convert back to DVD.

I've been asked for 30 or so copies already, most of which I can do on DVD discs.

I'll see what the viewing figures are like over the weekend.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]